The job at Chateau Pacific finally came thru and I was going to be able to combine a business trip with a visit to see Elizabeth and Alec in Seattle.
But first, a stop-over for a meeting in Orange County. We drove out to Laguan Beach for a wonderful meal in a restaurant with outdoor deck overlooking the ocean. This is the view we had while eating ribs and drinking Coronas. And talk about good weather- Southern California is the place to go for perfect weather. If it weren't for the earthquakes and wild fires----
So after a quick flight up to Seattle and a 45 minute drive up to Lynnwood, I installed all the equipment into the new Memory Care wing of the Chateau Pacific location. A fairly routine installation except that I had to reset their old TeleAlarm equipment (always a challenge). I was finished on Saturday and since my plane didn't leave out until Monday at noon, I had some time to visit with Elizabeth and Alec.
The only problem was that Elizabeth was "on call" at the hospital. "On Call", as a resident, means that you work from 3:45 in the morning of day one, all thru that day, until 12 noon the following day - no sleep. So we were able to spend Saturday afternoon together until 8:30 that night, at which time, she had to get to bed to prepare for the challenges of the shift.
No comments:
Post a Comment